You are here

April 23, 2017

Can a Chinese Citizen Serve as the Main Representative of a Foreign NGO?

Can a Chinese citizen serve as the main representative of a foreign NGO?

Yes. According to an interview the Guangdong MPS gave to NGOCN, a Chinese national may serve as a foreign NGO’s chief representative in China. The individual’s identity card will be required as proof of identity.

Support ChinaFile

Tell us more!

Do you have more information to add to this FAQ? Does your experience differ from what we’ve reported here?

Send us your corrections, additions, and thoughts. Contact us at or using one of the other contact formats listed on our About page.