You are here

August 16, 2017

Updated: Ministry of Public Security Releases Guidance on Applying for Foreign NGO Work Permits

Today, in conjunction with the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, the Ministry of Public Security (MPS) issued a “Notice on Handling Work Permits for Foreign Employees of Foreign NGOs and Related Issues.” This is the first official written guidance on how employees of foreign NGOs in China should obtain work permits. The notice touches on both representative office employees and foreign NGO representatives carrying out temporary activities.

The MPS WeChat announcement does not provide the full notice text, but does provide some details about the work permit application process.  China Development Brief has translated the WeChat post in full. State-affiliated news outlet Global Times also reported on this development in English.

Support ChinaFile